Beer, Peanuts, and everything else about the Stadium Experience. Except the game.

Thursday, May 14, 2009

Solid Outing

  • Dodgers: 5
  • Phillies: 3
  • Sold: 252 beer, 6 soda
Yesterday's game was a downer because I didn't make the most of it. Again, I spent too much time downstairs -- the whole game -- leaving Beerman Joe to serve Coors to the right upper deck by himself. The result was sad: I usually outsell Joe by a case, but I lost to him last night by two full cases. I went to bed kicking myself.

And woke up still pissed about it. But I made a comeback during this 1:35 pm game. I left the lower deck behind after the first, then ran around like a headless chicken with double-loads the rest of the day, hitting the 300s right by the room, going long down to the end of the 400s usually last to be served by roaming vendors, then picking a 200 level section at random to test the waters there, and dumping a case in about 5 minutes flat. By the end I'd passed out over 10 cases, a best for me this year. The result, by the time the time wound down and the last pitch of the 7th ended up in the catcher's glove: I'd beaten Joe by two and a half cases. I was redeemed, and had finally shucked off bad habits, and all was right with the world.

No comments:

Previous Episodes